Some organisations and federations have a set of standardised draws with defined seeding, and progression patterns, that are required to be used at each event.
For example - Surfing Australia publishes its rule book that sets out the different draws that should be used in their sanctioned events, from all field sizes, and straight knockout or 2nd chance:
LiveHeats now allows you to save draw templates for easy use in future comps.
Video tutorial for saving draw templates
See this explainer video from LiveHeats co-founder that explains how to use this tool:
How to save a draw template
Note: Saving a template will save all the scoring, division and round settings, not just the draw configurations. For example, if save a template using Surfing Tag Team, it will store the Tag Team scoring settings to the template, so it would not work in Surfing Individual.
- Build a draw, or visit a completed event with the correct draw configurations, specifically:
- Custom seeding in a round
- Custom progression from a round
- On the Draw tab, click the Ellipsis menu, then click Save format:
- Enter a name for your Template:
- Click Create template, to save the template. The template will now be available for you to select and use in future events in your organisation or federation. See here for how to change the template on a division.
Is the feature free?
No, it is a Pro feature, which is a paid add-on. However, it is free to try for the rest of 2022.