Payment disputes occur when an athlete initiates a dispute against a payment you have recieved via LiveHeats.
How do disputes occur?
If an athlete registers for an event or membership they might then:
- not recognise the transaction (e.g. they used a parent or partners credit card)
- not compete and forget to cancel their entry
- have requested a cancelation but not heard back
then, the may initiate a dispute with their financial institution.
What happens in the dispute process?
The process is:
- The athlete's financial institution contacts Stripe
- Stripe notifies LiveHeats and the organiser incurs an admin fee from Stripe
- We notify the organiser of the situation and request the athlete to remove the dispute
- If not removed, we submit evidence on your behalf and the Financial institution decides whether or not to release the funds, or return them to the athlete