Follow the below steps when you're ready to set up your judge devices. For some tips on what devices to use for judging, see this article.
Finding your judge logins
When you create your LiveHeats account, 6 generic Judge users are created for your organisation, which you can use during events for live scoring. The credentials will be sent to you in your Welcome to LiveHeats email, and you can also access them in your LiveHeats dashboard by following the steps below:
- When logged in with your Director account, click Organisation settings in the menu via your avatar top right:
- Click the Users tab to which displays all the Director and Judge users in your LiveHeats account. Here, you can view the Judge email addresses to login with. For security reasons, we can't display the passwords, but if you don't have access to them, you can reset the password for each user:
Setting up and logging into judges devices
- Power up your judge's devices (tablet, smartphone, or laptop). You'll need one device per judge
- Open the web browser on the device (we recommend using a recent version of Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox)
- Enter the address www.liveheats.com
- Click Log in on the top right and log in with the judge's credentials. Note, you'll need to login to each device with a unique judge login (e.g. judge1, judge2, etc)
- Once logged in, you will arrive at the Judge’s Dashboard. Select your event from the list. If the first heat has not been started, the page will say ’Waiting for director to start heat…’..
This means you are set up and ready to go. Once the Director starts the heat, the scorecard will become active and the judge can begin entering scores.
Important things to note when setting up your judge devices
- be sure to login to each judge device with a unique judge account (e.g. judge 1, judge 2). Do not login to all devices using the same judge account
- we recommend removing any passwords and sleep modes from the judge's devices to prevent them being locked out during an event
- if at any point during an event, the device runs out of battery, simply login to the same judge account on a new device to continue judging