LiveHeats supports tag team formats. There are some important things to know about using LiveHeats for tag team formats:
- you must configure the Division to use the Teams template, and define the number of athletes per team
- LiveHeats does not yet support registration for teams formats. You'll want to collect team registrations offline, and then add the teams manually to the Division's seed list
- you can add the team roster to a team (optional), so you can display the scores next to each athlete within a team. Otherwise it'll show as "Athlete 1", "Athlete 2" etc
Before you run your tag team event, read through the below information so you are comfortable with how it'll work.
Setting up a tag team format:
- Once you've created the event, go to the Event dashboard and go to the teams division
- In the division, change the Template to Surfing (tag team)
- Once set, click Division settings > Advanced and set the Contest type and set:
- Number of athletes per team
- Number of counting rides per athlete
- Max rides per athlete (if any)
- If the format includes:
- a power surfer, or;
- bonus points for finishing in a specific place, then you should include an additional athlete where the judges can score the power surfer, and any bonus points (e.g. instead of 5 athletes, set it to 7)
Adding teams to the division seed list
- Once you have configured these settings, you can now add your teams to the seed list, by using the Add teams button, typing or selecting the team name, checking the box, and clicking Add
- Once added, type in the team's seed number (if wanting to seed the draw)
Setting up the team roster for each team
Once the team is added to a division's seed list, you can set up the team roster. Read this article for how to set a team roster. A few important things to note when using the team roster in tag team surfing events:
- You can edit the team roster between rounds and it won't affect completed heats, but do not edit the team roster for teams in a live heat with scores, as you will lose any scores for athletes you remove from the team's roster
- An athlete can only appear in the team's roster once, so if the power surfer competes in two athlete slots, just leave the second slot blank as "Athlete 6"
Tag team formats - frequently asked questions
Will the public see the athlete's names on the live scores?
Yes, they will see the team's total, and individual athlete's scores, as long as you set the team roster, see article above.
How do I set a longer heat duration?
In the division settings for your teams division, you can set the heat duration to any length by typing in your duration in minutes (e.g. 60 minutes).
How do judges enter scores?
The scorecard will display the athlete number (e.g. "Athlete 1") in the header row of the scorecard. The scorecard functions in the same way, they just tap the plus icon and enter the score.
When you want to move to the next athlete in a team, they just click the Next athlete button for that team, which will reveal the next athlete in order (e.g. "Athlete 2"). You continue to do this until all athletes in all teams are completed.
How do we apply bonus points?
When you are defining the number of athletes per team, add another athlete which you can use to add in any bonus points at the end. Judges just have to enter the bonus points applicable to that team as the additional athlete's score at the end of the heat.
How do we apply a 5-point time penalty?
When you're using this template, a judge or head judge can apply the 5-point penalty modifier to any athlete's rides or empty ride. See here for using modifiers.
How do we double an athlete's score if they get a double whammy wave?
When you're using this template, a judge or head judge can apply the Double Whammy modifier to the score. See here for using modifiers.
What does the live score view look like?
See below for a screenshot of the live score view the pubic can see on your event page. The total displayed is the teams total. The individual scores are displayed below this for each athlete and each team. Their counting ride is highlighted in green.