If you are a new organiser joining the LiveHeats platform half way through your series, you might like to add historic events to LiveHeats.
This article describes how to use this service.
How to manually enter results into LiveHeats
This requires setting up the event in a different way, starting and stopping heats, entering all placings from the Head judge page manually.
- If you require new event credits for these events, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an invoice to purchase discounted event credits (there is a flat rate of $50 per event credit for importing historic results to your rankings)
- Go to LiveHeats and Create the event
- From the Event dashboard, go to a division, click Draw heats on the top right
- Then click Add round (top right), until you have enough rounds for your draw (e.g. if your draw had 4 rounds, click Add round 4 times)
- Then, go to Division settings and set Progression from rounds to 0 progress, so the system doesn't progress athletes through the draw
- Now, add in the athlete names into every heat, and every round, to repopulate the heat draw (we'll add scores and results later). Note: any names already in the database or ranking will appear in a drop down, be sure to use the suggested name to prevent any duplication of athletes.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for all divisions, until you've populated all the heats (all rounds, including the finals), with all names, and disabled auto-progression for all rounds
- Go to the Head judge page, and click the Start heat icon in the Event remote (bottom)
- Once the heat has started, you can enter scores in each heat via the Head judge console. You can enter enough scores until the places in each heat are correct
- Once you've entered the places or scores for the heat, hit End heat using the stop button in the event remote (bottom)
- Repeat for the next heat until you have added results correctly for all heats in the event. You'll then reach the end of your event. You can review each division in the heat draw to ensure all results are correct throughout the event
- Once all scores are entered and the final heat of the event has been Ended, change the Event status to Results published to update the rankings
Note, when you go to run your next normal event next, be sure to check your division settings to remove any