LiveHeats supports athlete registration for both unpaid and paid events. If you are not using LiveHeats for athlete registration, you can move to the next article for information on manually adding, importing athletes or creating an event via an upload.
Once you have created an event, the Event status will automatically be set to Entry open, which means athletes will be able to begin registering via your LiveHeats page.
If your event registration is paid, you'll first want to head to the Payments area, connect your bank account, and then activate paid registration via the Event settings (see here for more). In paid events, you can also configure paid events to be waitlisted (so you can accept/reject athletes as they register).
Once you have created an event on LiveHeats, athletes can register for your event by following these steps:
- Go to your organisation's LiveHeats page (e.g. www.liveheats.com/byronbayboardriders), or search for the organisation on LiveHeats.com
- Once you're on the organisation page, find the event you'd like to register for, and click “Register now”
- Create a LiveHeats account (or login with your existing account)
- Enter athlete details
- If a paid registration, Pay with a Credit or Debit Card
- Click complete
- Once complete, you'll receive an email with confirmation
Once registered, the athlete will appear on your entry list, with seeds if using our rankings solution
How to close registration
When you're ready to close registration, or if you're using another registration method, you can change the Event status to Entry closed. Alternatively, when you click the Draw heats button, this will close registration, and create your heat draw.
What information can we collect from athletes?
LiveHeats will automatically collect the following information from your athletes when they register:
- Contact number
- Date of birth
You can also capture any other information you require, like address or T-shirt size by using Custom fields. See here for how.