LiveHeats supports 2nd chance rounds. We use the term "2nd chance" when referring to second chance, repechage, and no loser rounds. It is defined as a round where no-one is eliminated: 100% of athletes in the heat progress to other rounds.
By default with our 2nd chance setting, the top 50% (rounded up), will skip a round, and the remaining athletes will go into the following round. To set other 2nd chance rules (like 1st goes to Quarter finals, 2nd-4th go to Repechage, refer to the custom progression rules article).
How to configure a standard 50% 2nd chance round
- Once you have drawn heats for a division, go to the heat draw editor.
- Go to the round which you'd to be a no-loser round. In most cases, this will be round one. Click on Round settings:
- Click Progression format, and set to "2nd chance":
- Hit save to update the round
- Then, click Redraw heats in the top right to re-build the draw with the 2nd chance round:
- If you want, rename the following round to be called "2nd chance or repechage round" (optional)
Configuring a non-50% 2nd chance format
You might like to configure a non-50% 2nd chance progression format. Example: in a 5 person heat in round 1, you want top 2 places to move to round 3, and bottom 2 places to move to round 2. To do this, please refer to the custom progression rules article.