If your format uses non standard progression (for example, you progress athletes to a final based on their total score over two rounds), you should disable auto-progression.
Disabling auto-progression will allow you to configure the progression (or advancements) from one round to another manually, whilst still retaining the "athlete needs" calculation that is displayed in the live heat, and for the announcer. For example, you might like to use manual progression, but the announcer will want to be able to tell athletes in 3rd and 4th position what score they require to place 2nd (or 1st).
How to disable auto progression
- Once heats are drawn, go to the division via the Event dashboard
- Click Round settings on the relevant round
- In Round settings check mark the option for "disable auto-progression"
- In the Progression to next rounds, select the option for which you'd like the "athlete needs", e.g. 1 progress for "athlete needs" to be for 1st, or 2 progress for "athlete needs" to be for 2nd.
- Hit Save
Things to note:
- during your live event, you'll need to manually add the advancing athletes into the next round
- you'll also only want to activate this setting once your draws are set up