You can easily import athletes into a division's seed list by uploading a CSV file.
If you'd prefer to import all divisions in an event in one single upload, head over to this article for importing your athlete list.
How to save your athlete list as a CSV
If you have your athletes in a spreadsheet, simply save that sheet as a CSV file using a spreadsheet application like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. This option can usually be accessed from the File menu in your spreadsheet program, labeled as "Export as .CSV" or "Download as .CSV".
Here's how to format your CSV file for import
Minimum athlete info required
At a minimum you need to include the following in your CSV import:
- Name (alternatively you can use two columns for this - First name, Last name)
Click here to download a template CSV file with "name".
Optional athlete info
You can also include additional identifying information for each athlete in the CSV. For example, you can specify “DOB,” and/or “Nationality,” as custom fields. If including optional information, you must use column titles detailed below. You can use one, many, or all custom fields in your CSV upload (in any order).
- Seed (optional - you can always add seed numbers into LiveHeats later)
- DOB (format must be yyyy-mm-dd. See here for how to change the date format in excel)
- Team (If included, this will be displayed beneath the athlete's name to the public)
- Bib (Athletes Bib number identifier for snow events)
- Plus, any custom fields you have active
Click here to download a template CSV file with all custom fields. You can delete any columns that are not relevant to your seed list.
How to use the import athletes feature
To import athletes to a division's seed list:
- Go to the relevant Division > Seed list
- Click the Import athletes button
- Select your CSV file
- If adding to a seed list that already has athletes, you must select whether to Overwrite all athletes, or Add to existing