LiveHeats allows you to restrict event registration to active members in a series.
When you activate this setting, it means that for all events created in this series:
- Athletes can only register for the events if they are a current member of the series (they must use the same LiveHeats login that they used for their membership registration)
- If an athlete is not a current member, they will not be able to register for the event, and will be prompted to join as a member
Step 1: Activate member-only registration in the Series settings
- Click Series on the top navigation bar
- Ensure you are on your current Series, and click Series settings on the right
- On the settings page, you will see an option to
- Click Save to update
Step 2: Ensure that each event is set to be part of this Series
- When creating an event, on the event form, you'll see a field that reads Which series does this event belong to?. If the event is already created, you can edit this field in the Event settings.
- Be sure to add the Series that represents your membership:
- Click save. The event settings should now show up like this:
Note: Once this is is set up, members will need a membership that is active on the event's start date, to register for any event in the series.
Frequently asked questions about restricted event registration
The athlete is an active member, and their division is in this event, however they are unable to register. What can I do?
99% of the time this is due to the athlete trying to register using a different user account to the one they used during membership sign up. For example, they may have joined the club using their Facebook login, but are now trying to register for the event using a different email address. They must use the same account.
How can life members and cash paid members register?
Once we've added your life and cash paid members to your member database - they'll receive an email inviting them to complete creating their LiveHeats account. They'll be able to register for events using this account for the divisions you've added them to. See more on adding life and cash members here.