If you don't use LiveHeats for athlete registration, you can quickly import your whole event's athlete list into your LiveHeats event by uploading a single CSV file.
If you'd prefer to import individual lists/files into each division individually, head over to this article for importing athletes into a division's seed list.
How to save your athlete list as a CSV
To import your athletes into LiveHeats, you'll need to upload a CSV (comma separated values) file.
If you have your athletes in a spreadsheet, simply save that sheet as a CSV file using a spreadsheet application like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. This option can usually be accessed from the File menu in your spreadsheet program, labeled as "Export as .CSV" or "Download as .CSV".
Here's how to format your CSV file for import
Minimum athlete info required
At a minimum, your CSV file must include these fields:
- Name (alternatively you can use two columns for this - First name, Last name)
- Division (spelling must be identical to the Division names in your LiveHeats event)
Click here to download our basic import template CSV file with "Name" and "Division".
Optional athlete info
You can also choose to include these optional fields in your CSV upload.
- Seed (optional - you can always add seed numbers into LiveHeats later)
- DOB (format must be yyyy-mm-dd. See here for how to change the date format in excel)
- Team (If included, this will be displayed beneath the athlete's name to the public)
- Bib (Athletes Bib number identifier for snow events)
You can order these fields in any way in your CSV file, and you can include as few or as many of these fields as you wish.
Click here to download our advanced import template CSV file with all optional fields included. You can delete any columns that are not relevant to your seed list.
How to use the import athletes feature
- Once the event is created, go to the Event dashboard
- Before you've drawn the heats, you'll see a menu ellipsis on the top right of your Divisions
- Open the menu, and click Import athletes to open a dialogue to select the CSV file from your computer
- If you already have athletes in any of your division's seed lists, you must choose whether to Overwrite all athletes, or Add to existing. Note: if you overwrite, it will wipe 100% of athletes in your event and replace them with the athletes in your file.
- You'll be notified once the athletes are successfully imported