When building your heat draw, LiveHeats provides a set of default options for progressing athletes between rounds. We also allow you to set custom progression rules for formats with non-standard progressions.
Example of non standard progressions where you'd use custom progression rules:
- In a 6 person heat, 1st goes to Quarter finals, 2nd and 3rd go to Round 2 (repechage), all others are eliminated
- In a 30 person heat, 1st-4th go to Finals, 5th-10th go to Last Chance Qualifier
This article describes how to configure advanced progression rules from a round. If you would like to customise where athletes are progressed to within a round, see this article.
How to configure custom progression rules from a round
- Once your event is created, all athletes are in the seed list, and you have drawn the heats, go to the relevant division from the Event dashboard
- Find the round which you'd like to customise progression from (e.g. Round 1). This will set the rules for how athletes are progressed from this round. Click Round settings
- Scroll down in the dialogue and click Create custom progression
- This will open two rules. In each rule, you must define:
- the places (e.g. 50%, 1st, or 1st-2nd). If your option does not display in the drop down, just type in the value (e.g. if you want to select 1st-10th, type in "10"), and;
- the round you'd like to progress those places to. Must be a number. For example, if Round 2, "2", if Finals, "4" and so on based on the number of rounds in your draw).
- You can add additional rules if you have a more complex progression (e.g. 1st goes to round 4, 2nd goes to round 3, 3rd goes to round 4)
- When you are happy with the rules you have configured, click Save
- Then, click Redraw heats on the top right which will rebuild the draw with your new rules. If the computer-generated draw is not how you want it to look, you can simply edit it by dragging the progression positions around into a custom order, or deleting heats and re-shuffling as required. See here for customising progression places.
- To remove custom progression, just follow the prompts, and then Redraw