With LiveHeats you can set the number of counting results that determine the ranking leaderboard. For example, your series might contain 8 events, but each athlete's top 6 results count towards their ranking.
You can set top counting results for the whole series, as well as use advanced settings to customise counting results per division (e.g. top 3 for opens, and top 5 for juniors), or for specific athletes who make a cut. Please see bottom of article for the advanced 'how tos'.
How to set your top counting results for rankings:
- Click Series on your top navigation bar, and ensure you are on the correct series
- Click Series settings
- Scroll down to the field that says Number of counting results
- Type or select the number of counting results (e.g. if you want top 2 results from 3 events, select 2). If your option is not shown, simply type it in. You can select to set top counting results for the whole series, or specify by division
- Click Save to update. Now your ranking leaderboard will be updated with these settings
Advanced feature #1: customising counting results by division in a series
Click Set per divison and then you can specify the counting results for each divison in the Series ranking:
Advanced feature #2: customising counting results for certain athletes in a division for the purposes of a cut
Some organisations have a 'Cut' concept which allows certain athletes who reach a certain rank in the rankings at a point in time to continue into the next phase of the tour. You can now set up custom rules for athletes who are above the cut, so that they can have a different number of counting results than the other athletes. To set this up for a series, please email email@example.com with:
- a link to the particular series you'd like to customise the cut-line for
- a list of the athletes who should have a different number of counting results. To speed up this work, you can export the rankings, then in Google sheets or Excel, delete rows until you have a list of the athletes who made the cut and need a non-standard number of counting results
- specify, for each division in the series, what you want those athlete's counting result to be (e.g. if the division standard counting results is 3 and you want those after the cut to receive 4 counting results)