In today's world, event cancellations are commonplace. Below maps out how to deal with cancelations of events on LiveHeats:
1. Your event is rescheduled and you'd like to keep all registrations
- Simply go to the Event settings and update the date
- You can also update the Event status back to Entry open to collect new entries
- Note: athletes cannot cancel their entry on LiveHeats, so they'll need to contact you to delete/remove their entry from the event
2. Your event is rescheduled and you'd like to have athletes re-register, or you'd like to cancel your event completely
- Once logged into LiveHeats as a Director, go to the Event settings
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Event settings
- If you are 100% certain you'd like to delete the event and all associated data, click the Delete event button
- Deleting the event will restore an event credit to your account
Please note that deleting an event will permanently delete all data (athletes, heat draw, seeding, registration information including the payment summary), as well as remove the event from your public LiveHeats account. It cannot be undone.
If you are not certain that you'd like to delete all event data, you might like to consider editing the event dates and changing the event status to Entry closed or Complete to stop any athletes registering, whilst retaining the data.