Single round formats are becoming popular as a way to have athletes organised into heats, but competing against each other surfer in the round. This article explains how to configure this format.
Setting up a single round format
- Draw the heats for the division or whole event
- Once drawn, go to the Round settings for the first round, and set the Progression to be "0 progress"
- Click Redraw to update the draw with these new settings. This should leave just one round in your draw
- Then, go to the Division settings, scroll down to Advanced
- In the field that reads
- Click Save to update
Things to note:
- The round leaderboard can be viewed on the Head judge page during the round. See here for more information about the Round leaderboard
- In your next event, be sure to remove any of the above settings before drawing heats if you wish to run a normal heat bracket