In some cases, you might like to just run LiveHeats live judging feature, just from a single device with an internet connection. The below sets out how use LiveHeats at your event, when you have judges scoring on paper, and a tabulator entering the scores into an internet connected device. This allows you to still offer near real time results, and also allows you to automate rankings.
If you're wanting to use LiveHeats the standard way with judges entering scores themselves, see here for how.
How to run LiveHeats at an event using a single device
The below assumes you have set up your heats or start lists and schedule and are ready to start the event.
- Ensure your device has an internet connection at the event site, via your smartphone's hotspot or a hotspot device (note: a full day uses less than 100mb data - a very small amount)
- Open the Head judge page and start the first heat using the Event remote
- Have your judges use pen and paper to record scores or places
- At the end of the heat, enter the judge scores or places into the Head judge view by clicking the plus icon. If using judging, we recommend just entering the top 2 scores for each athlete (ensure they are aligned). Click save
- Repeat until you have populated all the scores of consequence or places
Click End in the event remote to end the heat. This will auto progress the athletes into the next round and you can repeat the process on the next heat in your schedule.