Sometimes you might need to combine some divisions together, so they can be run together, but be able to seperate results by division, for final results and rankings. LiveHeats provides a seamless way for you to do this, with our Groups feature.
Example cases where you'd use Groups:
- you have two divisions with small participant numbers (e.g. 1 x U8 and 2 x U10 boys) and would like to run them together in a single draw
- you're running snowsport "heats" which combine different divisions onto a single start list
- you're doing mass starts in an endurance event
How to create and run multiple divisions together in a shared draw
- Once your event is created with all the included divisions, go to the Event dashboard
- Scroll down to the division area, click on the ellipsis menu, and click Create group
- Enter a name for the group, select which divisions you'd like to include in the group, and click Create. Note: you should create your groups before generating the draw, as any individual division draws will be discarded once those divisions are added to a group
- The group will now be displayed on your Event dashboard, with the divisions that are included:
- Click on the Group to manage the athlete lists. Here you can enter the seeds if required. With groups, athletes will be seeded in order of division, so you should put your highest seeded division as the first division in your group, as the top seed in the first division will be the group's top seed:
- Set up your division settings as required, and click Generate draw to build the draw
- You'll organise the heats or runs as usual on the Schedule, and when ready, you can publish your draw to spectators, who will be able to view the draw for the group, as well as the results by division:
- Run the group like you would any other division, and the system will take care of the division results for you. Division results will go into your series rankings, like they would for a normal division
- You're done!
If you have any questions about groups don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org