LiveHeats supports teams events such as tag teams in surfing and relays in surf life saving . This article describes how to set these up as a division.
Note: registration is not currently supported for team divisions, so you need to collect registrations into team events through an alternative method, and add entries manually to LiveHeats. We hope to change this in the near future.
Step 1: Set the division's template to a teams template
- Go to the Event settings and add the division to your event
- On the Event dashboard, click the division
- Click on the Template and change it to your sport's relevant Teams template
Step 2: Adding a team to the division, setting or editing the team roster
- Once set to teams, click Add teams and add your team names, for example Mooloolaba Team A
- Once added, you can click on a team to set the athlete roster. Be sure to also add the Club name into the Team field if you're using the club point score, being careful to use the correct spelling:
- Click Save
- Now you can build the draw and record the heats as usual
FAQs for using this feature
Do I have to add the team roster?
No, adding the team roster is optional, but required if you'd like the live public results & draw to display the athlete's names. Otherwise it'll work fine if you leave it blank.
Can I import the team roster?
Unfortunately you cannot yet import the individual team roster - that has to be manually added to each team. To speed things up can also import the list of teams into the division via csv, just use the team name in the "Name" column, and have the club in the "Team" column: Importing your athlete list.
Can I edit the team roster?
Yes, you can edit the team roster between rounds and it won't affect completed heats, but do not edit the team roster for teams in a live heat with scores, as you will lose any scores for athletes you remove from the team's roster
How do I deal with a power surfer if they compete in two slots?
An athlete can only appear in the team's roster once, so if the power surfer competes in two athlete slots, just leave the second slot blank as "Athlete 6". Otherwise, you can add an asterix "*" to their name to create a duplicate profile.