LiveHeats' registration system is built to support individuals registering themselves for events. As we begin to support more sports where a team manager registers on behalf of athletes, we are working hard to design and develop better registration tools for this.
This guide includes:
- how to register the athletes you manage in individual divisions
- how to register the athletes you manage in teams divisions
- frequently asked questions for team managers
To clarify, on LiveHeats an Event is a competition running one or multiple days (e.g. Queensland Junior State Championships), comprised of several Divisions (e.g. Under 12 Female Ironwoman).
If you need any assistance with the below, don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to register the athletes you manage in individual divisions:
Follow these steps only for registering your athletes in individual divisions only. See the next section for a guide on teams divisions.
- Navigate to the organiser's LiveHeats profile. You can find a directory of organisers here: www.liveheats.com/organisations. You can use the search box to filter the list
- On the organisers profile, click on the relevant Event you'd like to register for:
- On the event page, if it is open for registration, click Register (If the event is not open for registration, contact the organiser for details)
- After clicking Register, if not yet logged in, proceed to Log in or if its your first time using LiveHeats, click Sign up to create an account. This is the account you'll use moving forward to register athletes for events on LiveHeats, so store your login credentials somewhere safe.
- Once logged in, enter your first athlete's details as required by the organiser. Important to note: after you have used LiveHeats to register for one carnival, all existing athletes linked to your account will appear in the registration form. If an athlete is not competing just ignore them / scroll past them in the form or if they no longer are managed by you, see the bottom of this guide for how to have them removed.
- Select the individual you'd like to register the athlete into. Note: do not select any team divisions even if they are listed. Registration for team divisions requires a different process as described below:
- Click Register another athlete and repeat the process for your next athlete:
- Once done, scroll to the bottom and click Confirm.
- If required, pay the registration fees (only in supported countries)
- You're done!
How to register the athletes you manage in teams divisions:
Just follow the same process as individuals, and if you are submitted multiple teams (e.g. A, B, C) please notify the organiser who will go into which team. We're working on a solution for this in the future.
Frequently asked questions for team managers
I need to remove an athlete I've already registered from an event, how do I do that?
There's no way to edit or remove division's from an already registered athlete. To remove them, contact the organiser who can remove them from the division's list on your behalf.
An athlete no longer competes for our club, how can I unlink them from my account?
There's no way for you to do this yourself, please send an email to email@example.com with the following details:
- your user email address
- the athlete's you'd like removed
Be sure to use the exact spelling of the athlete's name in the LiveHeats system, so we remove the right person.
How can I view a summary of the athletes I've registered into a particular event?
There's no way for you to generate this yourself, but you should contact the organiser and ask them to send you a copy of the entry export from LiveHeats, which will contain all the entries in a spreadsheet: https://support.liveheats.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028276672-Exporting-entries-or-payment-summary-for-an-event
How can I get an invoice for my athletes if I paid via LiveHeats?
Contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address you used to register and the name of the carnival, and we'll be happy to prepare this for you.