If your organisation restricts its events within a series to members only, this means that only athletes who are active members at the date of the competition will be able to register. They must register when logged in using a linked email address on their member profile.
This guide is intended to give Director's some tools to help you assist your members complete their registration.
How to help your members register if they are having issues
Step 1: Check that the athlete has an active membership in your series
- When logged in as a Director, navigate to the Series area
- Click on the Members tab which will display all the members in your series
- Use the search function to find their name to make sure they are a member
- If you are using rolling membership, click their name to view their membership expiry date. If it is before the start of the event, they'll need to renew to be able to complete their registration or you can update their expiry on their behalf
Note, if they are not a member of your series and are instead a member of another series in your federation, contact your federation administrator who can search the entire database and complete steps 1-3 on your behalf.
Step 2: Notify the member which email they need to use to login to LiveHeats to register
- Once you've followed the steps in Step 1 above, you can see the email addresses linked to their athlete profile on LiveHeats
- Copy and paste their email addresses displayed in the system, and contact them to let them know they'll need to register logged into that email address. If they didn't set a password yet, or they've forgotten the password, ask them to use the Forget password prompts
- Once they are logged in with the email on their active member profile, they'll be able to complete their registration
- If they no longer use this email, but they still have access to it, once logged in, they can edit or link a new email to their athlete profile, or you can link their latest email, see step 3
Step 3: Link an updated email to their athlete profile on LiveHeats as a Director
- Often the issue is that the member is trying to register for the event when logged in using an email address that is different to the one on their member profile
- If they do not have access to the email address you located in Step 3, you can easily link a new email to their athlete profile for them, follow this guide for how: Linking a new user to an athlete as a Director
- This will trigger an email notification to their inbox which will allow them to set a password. If they miss the time limit to set their password, they can later using the Forget password prompts at www.liveheats.com