LiveHeats has built a user-friendly priority management toolkit that allows your priority judge to use a tablet or laptop to manage live priority, which is displayed in real time to athletes in the water via an LED screen or Outdoor TV, as well as to judges, head judge, spectators, and live stream viewers. Here's a quick introduction to this feature by LiveHeats co-founder Chris Friend:
The below article contains:
- How to use the priority judge tool
- How to display priority to the athletes on a large screen
- Pricing for this feature
- Frequently asked questions
Note: Priority management is a premium add-on that involves a per-event fee, and must be activated by a LiveHeats team member on your event. To add priority to an event, please complete the order form below , and our team will activate it within 1-2 business days. If any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to use the Priority judge tool
Once you've ordered the priority add-on for your event by filling in this form, and the LiveHeats support team have confirmed that you're good to go, you can follow the below guide:
- Login to www.liveheats.com with a Director account using a dedicated device for the Priority judge device like a tablet or laptop
- Navigate to the Event dashboard and click Priority judge from the left hand side navigation
- Once the Director has started the heat, the priority judge can begin to manage priority
- When an athlete uses their priority, the priority judge can press the "X" icon to remove it from a row / position
- When an athlete is deemed a priority position, the priority judge can press the relevant colour from the colour grid, to add it to the position
- As they make edits the live priority will be visible on all live outputs (like the large screen, the head judge, the judges, public, and live stream viewers)
Note: Priority management with LiveHeats is in BETA and currently does not support Suspended priority. If you need to Suspend priority just remove the surfer's priority and then re-order when they return to the lineup.
How to display priority to the athletes on a large screen
- To find the large screen display page, go to the Event dashboard and scroll down to the Links section
- Click the LED Priority & Timer Display or copy the url
- Open that URL in the browser on a laptop with a HDMI output and internet connection
- Connect the laptop to a large screen using a HDMI cable
- Use the appropriate display settings required by the screen to show the web page, and set it the browser to Full screen. Adjust the browser's window size so the priority positions all fit on the screen and are clearly visible to athletes in the water
- Ensure the laptop is connected to the internet, and the display will update in real time as the Priority judge makes edits
Here's a test layout for your large format screen: https://liveheats.com/events/65684/priority
Introductory rates are listed below and are billed per event. To activate on an event, please fill out the priority order form: https://forms.clickup.com/26411634/f/t60kj-3322/MS6FFNPS1B6SZG5ZN0
|Region||Price per event|
|North America & Asia, South / Central America||$100 USD|
|Australia & NZ||$140 AUD|
|South Africa||1000 ZAR|
|Global (region not listed above)||$100 USD|
Frequently asked questions
What sort of screen should we buy?
You'll need a screen with the following requirements:
- has HDMI input
- can act as an external display for a laptop, so you can show our webpage
- is at least 1500+ Nits
- size wise should support around 25-30cm (9-12 inches) minimum of screen width per colour (e.g. so with 4 athletes, you'd want a screen at least 100cm - 120cm (40- 48 inches) width)
We're trialling outdoor TVs and LED panels and hope to have a recommended supplier soon.
Do we still need a manual priority board?
We recommend having a back up option incase the internet connection fails on the laptop connected to the large format screen, or the priority judge's tablet, fails.
How do judges and head judges view the priority?
A priority column will appear on their scorecards when the heat is live.
How do spectators view the priority?
Priority positions will appear on all public facing live score pages (e.g. when accessed on www.liveheats.com, embedded in your website, or on the live streaming graphics).