When transactions happen on your LiveHeats account, for example a new athlete registers for an event, or a new member joins, all Directors on your organisation will receive an email.
Right now there is no way to edit which transaction emails you receive from LiveHeats. We hope to add a dashboard for you to manage these notifications in the future, but for now you can use the below tips.
Option #1 - set up a 'skip the inbox' rule in your email client (recommended)
You can create a 'skip the inbox' rule in your email client, based on the common key words from our transaction emails for messages that come from email@example.com.
For example, use the 'subject contains' using these keywords:
- "An athlete has registered for" for event registrations, and
- "A new member has joined" for membership registration
Be careful not to skip all emails that come from firstname.lastname@example.org since you'll miss important product updates and support replies.
Heres some tutorial videos for how to set up 'skip the inbox' rules for common email clients:
- Gmail: https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/g-suite/g-suite-pro-tips-declutter-your-inbox-with-gmail-filters
- Outlook: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/filter-email-outlook-skip-inbox
- Yahoo: https://in.help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN28071.html
Option #2 - unsubscribe from LiveHeats emails (not recommended)
To do this, click Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email. We do not recommend this as it is not possible to undo.